Sound/Video Recording Archivist
Position: Sound/Video Recording Archivist
Reports To: Archivist
Status: Temporay position, Part-Time/Non-Exempt
Salary: Grant funded at $12/hour. 25-40 hours a week minimum
Submission Deadline: January 12, 2019
The part-time Sound/Video Recording Archivist position at the Ward Irish Music Archives will be responsible for cataloging, describing and digitizing sound and video recordings in a variety of formats.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Cataloging recordings in PastPerfect to current archival standards
- Digitizing audio recordings on an as needed basis
- Digitizing video recordings of past Milwaukee Irish Fest performances
- Documenting Irish music events (via audio and video recording) as needed
- Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA accredited institution or have a degree in progress
- Previous experience with describing archival materials or library cataloging
- Familiarity with digitizing audio and video recordings at current archival standards
- Ability to perform physical demands of the position, including sitting for long periods of time, stooping, bending, climbing and lifting up to 25 pounds with frequency upon occasion
- Independent mobility to travel and drive as needed
- Ability to work in the same position focusing on a computer screen for long periods of time
Please send a resume and cover letter to the following email by January 12, 2019: email@example.com
Questions? Contact us:
Ward Irish Music Archives
1532 N. Wauwatosa Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53213
© 2018 CelticMKE Inc. All Rights Reserved.